Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Restriction Vs Restraint Continued

Here are some thoughts and situations that can help you identify when you are acting or thinking  from a place of restriction:
  • I can't have those foods
  • I had that already this week so I can't have it again
  • I ate that so I should eat less at this meal
  • I didn't eat breakfast so I can surely have this treat
  • I'm having this treat and I will just work it off tomorrow or I won't have (you put something in the blank here) tomorrow.

Here are some thoughts and situations that can help you identify when you are acting from a place of restraint:
  • I ate a nourishing meal. I am not going to have more because I am satisfied or full.
  • I am eating all my meals and snacks and nourishing myself well. Even though I know I can have more of this treat, I am not going to because I feel it becoming more triggering. I've had sweets the past couple days and I am starting to feel again like I have to have a sweet after my meal. I'm going to take a break and readjust how I am relating to this food again.
  • I am very used to having a large portion of this food. I am choosing to have less. I know I can have more if I want to. Part of me wants to, but what I really want is to focus on the fact that I am nourishing myself well and I CAN have these things. I am choosing to not have them, but I am not choosing to not have them because I  can't or because they are bad. Once I feel like I can have these foods without them being so triggering, I will have them. In the meantime, I am going to continue working on nourishing myself faithfully.

Weekly Challenge:
  1. What are your thoughts moments like these?
  2. Are you thinking or acting from a place of restriction or restraint?
  3. Join our forum to discuss the topic further. See our website for directions to the forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment